Sometimes, the Firestick remote doesn’t work properly and needs to be paired, but most people don’t know how to pair firestick remote. There are many reasons for the Firestick remote not working. Sometimes, you need to replace the remote, but it can be paired using different techniques.
The good thing is that you can use different tricks to pair the firestick remote. You need to do some tricks in the remote settings to pair it. In this case, you can also reset your Remote if needed.
Do you want to pair the firestick remote? This guide is for you. Through this article, you learn how to pair a firestick remote. Here is a complete guide about the firestick remote. Let’s start
How to Pair Firestick With The Remote?
Here are many methods to pair a firestick remote. You can go through all these steps to pair your Firestick remote.
When you purchase the Firestick and use it the first time, pair the remote this time. However, pairing the Remote before doing all other activities would be best.
When you pair the remote the first time, press the Play/Pause button from the remote to pair it with the device. Press these buttons to pair them with a device.
If your old Remote didn’t work, got damaged, or could not pair with your device. You need to purchase the new one. The problem is how to pair it with a device. Follow the mentioned steps to pair the replaced remote with the device.
- Place batteries in your new Remote.
- Disconnect the Firestick from the Power
- After 1-2 minutes, connect it to a power
- Hold the HOME button for 10-20 seconds.
- After it, you will receive a notification that your remote is paired successfully.
With Amazon FireStick, numerous remote controls are supported. If your current Remote isn’t all that great, but you aren’t quite ready to replace it, this may be useful. You want a better-functioning remote at your side as you wait.
- Open the home screen of Firestick.
- From the menu bar, click on settings and open it.
- In the settings, you will see many options. From there, tap on Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- The next window appears. Tap on Amazon Fire Remote.
- Select Add new Remote.
- Firesticke scan for the new device. Press the home button from the remote for 10 seconds.
- Press the Select button from the old Remote to pair the new Remote.
- After this, your additional Remote will be paired with the Firestick.
How to Pair Firestick Remote Without the Old One?
Sometimes, you lose your old remote, or it was damaged, so you must pair the additional Remote with the Firestick.
Here are the techniques to pair a firestick Remote without the old one.
The most important thing is to purchase a suitable remote. Buy the Remote related to the brand of your Firestick. There are many remotes available at different prices. You can purchase any remote according to your requirements.
In case when you have lost the remote Firestick, the new one willn’t get paired with the Firestick directly. However, download the amazon fire Tv app. It helps to pair the new remote with Firestick. Download this App from the Play Store. As it is developed by amazon so it is secure.
Go to the app on your smartphone, then go to settings and switch on Bluetooth. Here you see the option to connect the device; tap on it. If you haven’t seen this option, select the remote button, and many devices are shown. Select the fire Tv for these devices.
- Open the settings of your Firestick.
- Choose Controllers & Bluetooth Devices from the options menu.
- From the Bluetooth menu, choose the Amazon fire Tv.
- The next step is to click on the Add new Remote.
- Press the HOME button.
- The remote is paired with the device.
How to Reset Firestick Remote? – Pair Firestick Remote
You’ve to do some steps to reset the firestick remote. Here are all these steps:
- Disconnect the Fire Tv from Power: the first step is to disconnect the fire Tv from the power for 60 seconds. You can disconnect the Tv from the wall outlet.
- Press Buttons From the Remote: Hold three buttons on the remote for 12 seconds. These three buttons are the left menu, the Menu button with three lines, and the back button.
- Wait for five minutes and remove the batteries from the cell.
- Connect the Tv to power and wait for 60 seconds.
- After it, insert the cells back into the Remote.
- At last, hold the HOME button for 10 seconds.
How To Pair Firestick Remote with Tv?
Mostly, the Firestick remote automatically pairs with the Tv. You must do it manually if it doesn’t pair with the TV. Here are these techniques through which you can pair a Firestick remote with a Tv:
- Hold the HOME button for at least 10 seconds.
- The LED light of remort starts blinking. It means that the remote search for the device.
- Three blue lights flash on the Remote when the remote finds the device.
- After it, you can control the Tv with Firestick remote.
If you want to use your Firestick remote with any other device, you must unpair the Remote from the current device.
There are two conditions.
You cannot use a single remote to unpair itself if you only have one. If you want to use it with another FireStick device, you may still unpair it.
Be sure to unplug the current device with which the remote is attached if both Fire Stick devices are in the remote’s range. You are unable to unpair the remote control when the FireStick is active.
Now couple the Remote with the other device using one of the ways I’ve listed above.
If you are using two remotes and want to unpair one Remote, follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the settings.
- Select Controllers & Bluetooth Devices and select Amazon Fire TV Remotes.
- Choose the Remote you want to unpair.
Yes, you can replace a Firestick remote. Sometimes, you lose your Remote or get damaged, so you must buy a new one. One of the most important factors before buying any remote is to ensure the remote is suitable for your firestick generation or model.
Yes, you can use your smartphone as a fire stick remote. Firestick remote mobile apps are available, which help to pair with the Fire Tv.
The fire stick remote is not paring because the batteries are dead. Alkaline batteries are preferable.
Pairing a remote with Firestick is easy. You need to follow some steps to pair the Remote. Sometimes, it is paired automatically, but you must often pair it manually whenever you face the problem of the Firestick remote not pairing, follow these steps to pair the remote or replace your Remote.
Moreover, you can also pair two or more remotes with the Firestick. The process of pairing two remotes is mentioned in this article.
I am a content writer and affiliate marketer with a passion for crafting engaging and informative content that drives traffic and sales. With years of experience in the industry, I have honed my skills in SEO, social media marketing, and email marketing to help businesses reach their target audience and achieve their goals.